Sunday, August 02, 2009

Bobby McFerrin Dances the Pentatonic Scale

Bobby McFerrin is one of the people I admire most - he is in the highest service to the Music. I had the great fortune to sing with him live on stage during his tour to Israel a few years before Voices of Eden music underwent the surgical knife of medical research. He was the first person I dared share my intent to sing without words, and to create a healing music choir which would create health and harmony with others for the highest good. His support and encouragement has provided me with confidence to move forward.

Now comes this delightful video of him teaching the power of the pentatonic scale at the World Science Festival. The Pentatonic scale has deep healing impact and has been consciously used all around the world, from ancient times until today.

I have watched it several times already and plan to watch it again. Watch and enjoy the dance:


World Science Festival 2009: Bobby McFerrin Demonstrates the Power of the Pentatonic Scale from World Science Festival on Vimeo.



Did you sing along? How does this scale impact you?

No comments: