Monday, October 09, 2006

Galilee and Hollywood

Ok, ok, I know I haven't posted in a while. It's not easy keeping up and keeping in touch while on the road.

I apologize.

It's almost one in the morning as I write from my mother's kitchen table in West LA. Born under the Hollywood sign at Ceders of Lebanon Hospital, what seems today, like many moons ago, it is awesome to be back in my hometown.

Today, my experience of tinsel town is one of acceptance. My inner experience is that of the city of angels who are kissing me with their wings of support.

Over the past seventeen years, since my depart from the US, first to France and then to Israel, I had difficulty making peace with my birthplace. The emphasis upon outer appearance, "star" mentality, and "getting ahead", was difficult for my sensitive inner voice that was trying to get me to leave the material world behind.

After living many years of a monkish existence, each subsequent tour to California would meet me up with my own prejudice against "appearances". Who am I to judge.

Today I am grateful for having voluntarily passed under the scalpel of my self inflcted ego surgery. It was not comfortable, but today I am at peace. It was definately worth the price. Today, I am able to appreciate where I began my life. I could not be who I am today, had I not grown up here in Los Angeles.

It truly is a city of angels.

No comments: